We welcome Drew, Addison, Kane and their families. We said goodbye to Tio, who’s moved to our 3 to 5 program.
Calendar of Events
10th– Mother’s Day
13th– Music class
18th– Victoria Day; centre will be closed
25th – Scholastics orders due
27th– Music class
Starting on the 19th, Martha will be doing her Infant Toddler practicum at our Port Coquitlam location for 6 weeks. She’ll be switching with Caitlin Dorosh, who’s been working at our Poco location for years.
Previous Month’s Activities
The children learned about spring plants and flowers with a focus on bugs and insects this past month:
- Arts: butterfly coffee filters, caterpillars collage, water colouring flowers, drawing snails, making cocoons for caterpillars, etc.
- Science: digging for bugs in the sensory table, worms exploration (noodles) identifying bugs, observing their characteristics, etc.
- Outdoors/Physical: I Spy bugs, bug hunting at the park, going through a spider web (string of yarns), etc.
- Math: matching/ sorting bug pictures, counting ladybug spots, insect patterns, etc.
- Language/Literacy: The Very Hungry Caterpillar, I’m a Little Bumblebee, Here is the Beehive, etc.
- Social: gardening, Little Miss Muffet re-enactment, etc.
The children have taken an interest in transportation the past couple of weeks. They are currently learning about dinosaurs.
Amnesia: Condition that enables a woman who has gone through labor to make love again.
Full Name: What you call your child when you’re mad at him.
Grandparents: The people who think your children are wonderful even though they’re sure you’re not raising them right.
Independent: How we want our children to be as long as they do everything we say.
Show Off: a child who is more talented than yours.
Sterilize: what you do to your first baby’s pacifier by boiling it and to your last baby’s pacifier by blowing on it.
Weekend: when Dad gets to play golf while Mom catches up on the laundry, cleans the house, runs errands, etc.