Welcome to Arvin and Tio and their families! We’d also like to welcome Lisa, who’s eager to share her knowledge and experience from working in a kindergarten in Korea.
Calendar of Events
10th– Mother’s Day
13th– Music class
18th– Victoria Day; centre will be closed
25th – Scholastics orders due
27th– Music class
Previous Month’s Activities
The children learned about music and movement:
- Art: bottle cap castanets, ribbon sticks, guitar collage, etc.
- Music and Movement: egg shakers, ribbon dance, chicken dance, dance off, musical chairs, learning lullabies, etc.
- Gross motor: moving like animals, piano hop scotch, gummy bear dance, etc.
- Science: body sounds music, animal sounds, water shaker sounds, loud sounds vs. quiet, water splash level test, count the beat with your eyes closed, etc.
- Math: counting guitar strings, etc.
- Literacy: music instruments vocabulary, The First Letter of my Instrument game, My First Classical Music book, etc.
- Social: I’m the conductor; you’re the orchestra, etc.
The children are learning about animals.
Amnesia: Condition that enables a woman who has gone through labor to make love again.
Full Name: What you call your child when you’re mad at him.
Grandparents: The people who think your children are wonderful even though they’re sure you’re not raising them right.
Independent: How we want our children to be as long as they do everything we say.
Show Off: a child who is more talented than yours.
Sterilize: what you do to your first baby’s pacifier by boiling it and to your last baby’s pacifier by blowing on it.
Weekend: when Dad gets to play golf while Mom catches up on the laundry, cleans the house, runs errands, etc.