We are stepping up our Park Safety Protocol in light of our changing neighbourhood (having the Rain City Shelter on Gordon Avenue open). We are in constant communication with Fraser Health as to ensuring our children’s safety at Fox Park. Our protocol includes:
Initial Playground Checks
– Teachers are to do a thorough check of the entire playground before children are allowed to play.
– Teachers are to initial the Park Safety Checklist on very check.
Protocol When Finding Unsafe Objects
– Teachers are to use tongs and gloves to discard broken glass or cans.
– Teachers are to call the police if a needle is found. The children will head back to the centre.
Protocol When Encountering Suspicious Persons
– If someone appears to fall in this description, the children are to be taken back to the centre immediately and the police will be called in if necessary.
You can be assured that we are doing our very best to keep our children safe. Feel free to let us know if you have concerns, questions or suggestions.